Friday, February 17, 2012

Schedule, Rules and Other Stuff

Okay, now I know I've only put up 2 posts, but I've decided to make a small one about some general things related to this blog. Namely, my schedule, the rules I've imposed on myself and a question for anyone reading these (you know, both of you).

First off, my schedule. Now, I'm going to try and post at least once a week, usually on Sunday nights. If I miss a post, then I'll most likely put it up in the next few days. If there is ever a reason why I can't post a certain week, then I will address it as soon as I can.
I will take requests, provided I haven't already decided what I'm going to do. For example, last week's post said that the next analysis would be of FFG's review of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. However, I then received a request for their review of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Rather than ignore a request, I will instead just put it next on the list, provided the review in question offers up good material (and they usually do). In short, don't hesitate to make requests - they make my job somewhat easier.

Next are my rules. I have a few, so bear with me.
#1. The review must be from FFG (usually). This blog is about FFG, so I'm going to mainly focus on their incoherent ramblings. Down the road, I may branch out, but for now, I'm sticking to these guys. And please, don't ask me to do an analysis of Irate Gamer or anything - we already have people for that.
#2. No heavy swearing. Now, I will indulge in "crap," "hell," "damn," "ass" and numerous variations thereof, but I will try to refrain from the f-word and similar swears as much as I can. This is for two reasons. One is that I don't think swearing excessively is funny in text format, and the other is that I want to prove I can be entertaining without gratuitous swearing (no offense to anyone who does gratuitously swear in their productions.)
#3. No jokes against religion. FFG reviews games based on Christian morals, but this does not mean I'm going to attack the religion. I'm Catholic myself, but this does not mean I can make religious jokes about Christians. My complaints will be about the points in the reviews and the presentation of said points - not the religious views of the subject. This goes for comments, too. If I see a religion-based insult or attack in a comment, that comment will be deleted.

And finally, a simple question - which format do you prefer? The one from my Sonic '06 post, where I directly quote the review? Or the format from the Arkham Asylum post, where I simply summarize it? I'd like feedback on this, so feel free to comment on which one you think is more enjoyable to read. That's all for now. Check back on Sunday for my analysis of FFG's review of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.

No comments:

Post a Comment